Thursday, July 23, 2015

Recent Buys - W. P. Carey (WPC) & Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI)

Hi Everyone,

I have been a little MIA the past couple of weeks but this summer has been extremely busy.  Wedding season continues to be in full swing, lounging by the pool, playing golf (I know, not very frugal), working my butt off and overall just trying to enjoy life, has taken priority over the blog...  Sorry!

I'm hoping to get back to writing a little bit more frequently but thank you all for being patient.  Now to the good stuff...

On June 24th, we bought 33 shares of WPC at $61.45.  This purchase adds $125.92 to our annual dividends based on a .9540 quarterly dividend.  I went over some of WPC's business more in depth in this post a while back when I made the first purchase.  At the time, the REIT's were still falling so we decided to buy some more of this great company.  Hopefully they continue to grow just as rapidly in the next few years as they have in the past few years.

On July 17th, we bought 56 shares of OHI at $35.74.  This purchase adds $123.20 to our annual dividends based on a .55 quarterly dividend.  I went over OHI in more depth on this post a while back so feel free to check that out if you want more info.  OHI has fallen over 20% from its 52 week high and another 10+% from our last purchase at $40.  OHI could be in a great position in the future with regards to the baby boomers getting older and the need for more skilled nursing facilities.  Hopefully there growth continues to be stellar and they dividend keeps increasing every quarter!

So thats it,  These two purchases have added $249.12 to our annual dividends.  Not too shabby.  Now if we could only pick a stock like AMZN, NFLX to really accelerate our portfolio!  Visa is helping out tonight/tomorrow and UNP keeps falling to more attractive levels.

Overall, I think UNP, MMM, DNKN, DPS could warrant initial purchases after their recent drops due to earnings. We should really just buy UA and let it ride...   It continues to be in exponential growth mode and I would not be surprised if it becomes the next NKE.

Anyways, what do you think of the purchases? What are you all looking to buy next?

ADD

12 comments:

  1. Nice purchases, ADD. UNP sure is looking very interesting esp after the 5% fall today. Looking forward to see how far it falls before i jump in.

    cheers
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'd really like to pick up some UNP in the future. I've got the Eastern half of the US, it would be quite beneficial to take over the other 2/3rds... midwest and west. It would be wise to pick up a little now and if it keeps falling to pick up a little bit more in the future. You never know if right now is as low as it will go before hitting new highs again

      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. I agree with R2R, UNP looks really good after the dip this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I will definitely be making a purchase in the future!

      Delete
  3. Both are very solid buys. I would like to add more OHI to our portfolio in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking about adding more as well. I love their balance sheet, their valuation, their dividend growth, their stock appreciation, their merger with Aviv...

      Hopefully the future continues to stay bright!

      Delete
  4. Both great buys in the REIT space. I actually have my eye on both names you bought just a little further down the road. I'm looking to build my position in the large three health REITs first but many are looking attractive to me such as LTC, NHI, AVB and of course the two you bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like OHI has found a bottom and I'm hoping WPC turns around here soon. As much as I'd love them to jump about 25-50% overnight, I realize that letting the dividends compound at cheaper prices is where its at. I have not looked at the three companies you have mentioned but I will be sure to do so in the future.

      Cheers!

      Delete
  5. Both are great buys, ADD and great time to add them! I added several REITs: WPC, OHI, STWD. Keep racing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STWD is also a nice REIT. It seems we are just about on the same page. Looks like you are new to blogging/investing so hopefully we will tie on our race to freedom. I might take a little longer than 3000 days, but still trying to "retire" by 40.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. It seems that a lot of stocks in your portfolio are not in my radar yet. Thanks for bring them to my attention. I'll look into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could help you out. A lot of good companies to pick from. Do your research and pick the best!

      Delete