Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Recent Buy - W. P. Carey Inc. (WPC)

Hi Everyone,

Well, the year has slowed down a bit with regards to buys, but the savings account has been built back up after I used them all up to pay off the student loans so hopefully I can get back to putting more money to work.  With this purchase, my wife and I have put a total of around $22,000 to work since the beginning of 2015.  My goal of investing roughly $40,000 is within sight! To think that we are more than half way to our total is a great feeling since we are just 4 months into the year.   The market continues to stay at elevated levels but there was some recent weakness in REIT's so with that being said, my next purchase was W.P. Carey Inc. (WPC)...

I purchased 32 shares of W.P Carey (WPC) at $64.25.  This purchase adds $121.92 of annual dividends to my account.

I now own 32 shares of WPC as this was a new addition which means I am invested in 34 individual companies.  I may add to this position in the future, or I might just let the position compound for years to come, either way I'm happy.  Forward dividends now stand at around $4,079.47 for the next 12 months. The portfolio will be updated to reflect this purchase.



WPC Chart:


Statistics:

P/E:  14 (based on FFO)
Yield:  5.95%
Market Cap:  6.7B
Dividend Growth Rate (10yr):  7.5%
Payout Ratio: 83.5% of FFO

I've noticed a bunch of other bloggers including dividend mantra and dividend pipeline picking up this company so its nice to know I'm in good company.  They are quite diversified and give me a lot of international exposure which I needed with regards to my REIT portion of my portfolio.

You can check out all the other purchases I have made for the year on my Stock Purchases and Sells page.

So there you have it, the next building block on the path to the American Dividend Dream!  What do you think, good purchase, bad purchase?  What are you looking to buy next?


2 comments:

  1. ADD,

    I've noticed WPC kind of making the rounds after I posted about it not too long ago. Glad to have you on board as a fellow shareholder. I love the combination of yield and growth, and that international/industry diversification really adds a lot to like.

    Enjoy that extra dividend income!

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will certainly enjoy the extra income! Especially since its in an "off" month.

      I continue to really like what I see with this company. I think if the price continues to fall you will see me add to this position and some other REIT's as well. I've always wanted to have an investment property but investing in a broad range of REIT's gets me that type of exposure. The international side of things is definitely a plus as well.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete