Monday, January 5, 2015

Recent Buy - Verizon Communications (VZ)

Hi Everyone,

A new year has begun and what better way to get things started then to buy a dividend stock!  I've been looking to add higher yield to the portfolio recently and I also wanted to top off my Verizon stake.  As the saying goes, I killed two birds with one stone.  Verizon has pulled back a bit and has been trading in a range of 46-50 for over a year now so I thought why not buy it!  With this purchase so early in the month, I have a feeling I might buy another company or two before the month is out, stay tuned...

I purchased 50 shares of Verizon (VZ) at 46.90.  This purchase adds $110 of annual dividends to my account.


I now own 122.462 shares of Verizon and I consider this position full for the time being.  Forward dividends stand at around $3,242 for the next 12 months and I just happened to get Verizon before the ex-dividend date so I will not miss any of their payouts!  The portfolio will be updated to reflect this purchase.

From Google Finance: Verizon Communications Inc. (Verizon) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, Verizon is engaged in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, Government and wholesale customers. The Company operates through two segments: Wireless and Wireline. Verizon Wireless’s communications products and services include wireless voice and data services and equipment sales. Wireline’s communications products and services include voice, Internet access, broadband video and data, Internet protocol network services, network access, long distance and other services. As of June 30, 2014, the Company had 104.6 million retail connections, including 98.6 million retail postpaid connections. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America’s fiber-optic network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers in approximately 150 countries.

VZ Chart:


Statistics:

P/E:  9.67
Yield:  4.72%
Market Cap:  195B
Dividend Growth Rate (3yr):  3%
Payout Ratio: 65%
Years of Dividend Growth:  8 years

So there you have it, the next building block on the path to the American Dividend Dream!  What do you think, good purchase, bad purchase?  What are you looking to buy next?


No comments:

Post a Comment