Sunday, May 10, 2015

Dividend Income - April 2015 Update

Hi Everyone,

It's that time again when I get to post about a favorite topic of mine, dividends!  I hope this post inspires other investors out there to start saving and investing as soon as they can.  The power you feel knowing that you are richer than you were yesterday and you didn't have to work for it is a wonderful feeling.  Watching the totals pile in from all the various bloggers out there in this community continues to be a driving force to get myself to save and invest more and more.

I realize that our situation is different than every other blogger out there but its not how much you make, its how much you save.  My competitive nature drives me to save as much as I can which in turn creates more passive income once the money is invested.  So with that being said, lets get down to the numbers:


This month was once again a blowout compared to last years April total!  This months total came in at $274.79 which is a whooping 165.72% higher than last year.

I did not make any stock purchases in the past month as my WPC purchase came on May first.  The REITS continue to remain a bit depressed so I might look at purchasing some more of the finer companies in that space. As my wife and I continue to put more and more capital to work, it is truly paying off...  literally.  Every month so far this year has had over 100% increases in dividends from last year.  My wife and I continue to be blessed and this journey continues to inspire us to keep on going.

March Dividend Income:
  • KMB - 16.97
  • OHI - 36.59
  • PM - 78.46
  • FITB - 10.88
  • TROW - 50.32
  • GE - 26.72
  • O - 8.80
  • PSEC - 43.20
  • Money Market - .02
401K:
  • Bonds - 2.53
Total:  $274.49



Jump over to my dividend income page to see the increases month after month.  There is also a nice chart on that page for all you visual learners out there.  On that page, you can easily see dividend income investing at work which hopefully one day will be greater than our expenses and that's what we like to call The American Dividend Dream!  Check out our complete portfolio here updated on 5/4/2015.

Looking out in 2015, I'm thinking of adding some more GLP, KMI, another healthcare (perhaps DGX or GILD) and WAGE.

How was your April?

Thanks,
ADD

4 comments:

  1. congrats on another great month! 165% increase since last year is amazing! good luck and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HHWG! You had quite a nice increase too over there. 66% is nothing to sneeze at... especially with 2 teenage kids. Keep up the great work.

      Thanks for commenting

      Delete
  2. Great looking month for dividend income. I'm sure, like everyone else, you are eager to report your June income. Great year over year growth too. That's what fresh capital and dividend raises do. Thanks for sharing and look forward to your next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir, the chart is looking better and better every day! Onwards and Upwards! I'm not sure what I like more, investing capital and seeing big jumps right away or seeing what the dividend raises will add to the yearly income. Compounding is truly the eighth wonder of the world...

      Thanks for stopping by and the next update will be here before we know it!

      Delete